- To lead the team of NTFP Staff appointed throughout the Province in proper implementation of the department policies and related other natural resources management activities in their jurisdiction.
- To provide technical, managerial, administrative and financial support to the staff to sustainably manage the natural NTFP resources through implementation of the community participatory approach.
- To develop and maintain a close and productive liaison with other ISU Directors for technical support and ensure the presence of such environment between the area management and ISUs staff at all levels to harvest the benefits of matrix management structure introduced as a result of institutional reforms.
- Ascertain the Deputy Director, Assistant Director NTFP and other members of the controlling staff are conversant with their duties and desired discipline is maintained, and that work is properly supervised.
- Supervise the work of Deputy Directors, Assistant Directors NTFP and other staff posted throughout the Province.
- The Director may correspond with the Government on all administrative matters through Chief Conservator. However, question of professional. Finance, policy and matters that affect the department or Province, as a whole will be referred to the Chief Conservator who will also be consulted on other important matters.
- He will keep database of the staff and will write and countersign the Performance Evaluation Report of the Deputy Director, Assistant Director NTFP and will guide them for further improvement. Also should recommend the needed training for the staff to improve their performance.